Some links for organising remote work, like remote meetings, video presentations, online teaching, and web content accessibility
Here are couple of suggestions based on our previous experiences
- Encourage participants state their name and institution each time they speak.
- Ask participants limit the background noise as much as possible and mute themselves when not speaking.
- When URLs or other resources are mentioned, have someone designated to type them into the chat window – or follow up with participants after the meeting.
- Allow folks to ask questions either by (1) using a hand raising function and asking verbally or (2) by typing in the chat.
- Encourage folks to look at their name in the participant list and change it to their First Last if it defaulted to something else.
- When possible, have someone manage the chat and another person lead the meeting. Depending on the size of the meeting, it can be challenging to do both.
Remote Video Presentation
- Accessible Online Teaching Guidelines (Aimi Hamraie’s step-by-step guide)
- Preparing to Teach During an Outbreak
- Moving Your Course or Resource Online
- 20 Tips for Teaching an Accessible Online Course
- 30 Web Accessibility Tips
Distance Learning Blog Posts
- ADA Compliance for Colleges & Universities
- ADA Compliance in the Classroom
- ADA Compliance Laws for Closed Captioning Videos
- ADA Compliance Website Guide: Accessibility Guidelines and Resources
- GVAA Video Accessibility Compliance Requirements in 2020 (w/ Free Checklist)
- Guide to Captioning and Subtitling Online Courses & eLearning Videos
- How College Professors Capture Lecture Recordings to Enhance Student Learning
- How Transcriptions Can Help Professors with Lecture Courses
- Roadmap to Web Accessibility in Higher Education
- Video Accessibility Playbook and Downloadable Checklist
- WCAG Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and Checklist
Country-Specific Accessibility Laws
- Web Accessibility Laws in the United States in 2020
- Web Accessibility Laws in Canada in 2020
- Web Accessibility Laws in the United Kingdom in 2020
- Web Accessibility Laws in Australia & New Zealand in 2020